WATERINGBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 5th February 2019

7.30pm Wateringbury Village Hall

 

Present

Cllr M Wells (Chairman)

Cllr L Simons (Vice Chairman)                                                          

Cllr D Marks          

Cllr D Stones

Cllr F Fielding

Cllr J Roe

                                                                                                                      

In attendance:

Mrs S Cockburn – Clerk to the Council

Cllr M Balfour – Kent County Councillor

Mrs T Bailey – Rostrum Correspondent

10 members of the public

 

The Chairman opened the meeting by reminding everyone in attendance the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed or otherwise reported and asked if any person present intends to make a video or audio recording of the proceedings.  None

 

18/107       APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllr R Tripp, PCSO Wendy Stanley

18/108       DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST/DISPENSATIONS

None

18/109       ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman stated Pizien Well Road would be closed on 14th February

For cutting back vegetation overhanging power cables

18/110       REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Balfour reported KCC was under pressure to make further cuts in services to fund the increase demand for care of the elderly and special needs children. Any improvements to the crossroads were being held up due to the costs by utility companies which it was hoped could be reduced.

Cllr Roe stated KCC had said they would not cover the cost of replacing the static speed indicator sign at Canon Lane and a letter had gone to the MP Tom Tugendhat on this and a reply was awaited.

Cllr Balfour said drivers would pay more attention to the SID which could be moved from place to place around the village

Cllr Stones said KCC should be asked for an update on the crossroads

A member of the public stated to Cllr Balfour the sign at Canon Lane had been out for months.  The vegetation obscuring the 40mph speed limit sign on Tonbridge Road near Pizien Well Road needed cutting back.  Cllr Balfour asked if the Clerk would email him with details

It was stated Speedwatch preferred replacing the sign at Canon Lane as opposed to the SID

The Chairman thanked Cllr Balfour who left the meeting at 7.50pm

18/111       REPORT FROM BOROUGH COUNCILLOR

Cllr Jessel was not present

18/112       CRIME REPORT

PCSO Wendy Stanley was not present – reported attached.

There were no reports for November on the Kent Police website

18/113       MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 8th JANUARY 2019 TO BE APPROVED FOR ACCURACY

The Minutes having been read and approved were proposed by Cllr Fielding and seconded by Cllr Roe. The Minutes were signed as a correct record.

18/114       MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 8TH JANUARY 2019

18/101 – Precept figure agreed at £97,852.41

18/103  – Two locks for the play area gates had been ordered and  received

18/104 – The Village Hall Trust had agreed to take responsibility for two CCTV cameras at the hall

18/106 – Repairs had been carried out by Southern Water to the Boorman’s Mews sewer

 18/115       REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OTHER BODIES

Finance & General Purposes No meeting  Councillors had a copy of the previous Duties of Village Warden.  Cllr Marks proposed these be accepted and was seconded by Cllr Stones.  Cllr Simons proposed that a monthly report to the council should be added to the Duties and seconded by Cllr Fielding and all voted in favour.

Cllr Marks & Cllr Stones had sent a report on a tree inspection carried out on the 8th January. After discussion it was agreed the trees should be inspected by professional contractor.  It was agreed to contact Liz Guthrie, Tree Officer, at Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council.

A quote for £560 plus VAT had been received from James Woolley to cut back various trees in the playing fields to improve the pictures from the CCTV camera.  Acceptance of the quote was proposed by Cllr Simons and seconded by Cllr Wells.  All voted in favour

Playing Fields track – Cllr Marks & Cllr Stones had looked at the track and felt the holes could be compacted, but it it was agreed to get quotes

Planning – Meeting to follow

Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association –  nothing to report

Village Hall –  nothing to report

Tonbridge & Malling Area Committee of KALC_– nothing to report

Parish Partnership Panel –  Nothing to report – next meeting 7th February

Joint Parish Council Transport Consultative Group – Next meeting 5th March

Kent Community Rail Partnership –  no representative

Highways & Transportation-Speedwatch  –  Minutes of meeting 29th February attached.  Cllr Roe agreed to speak to David Merry, Speedwatch co-ordinator, to confirm if the team were prepared to manage the SID.

The potholes at the crossroads had been repaired.  The footpath between flat 1 and the Working Man’s Club on Tonbridge Road needed cleaning

During the road repairs at the traffic lights vehicles had been using the Byeway from Bow Road to Love Lane.  It was stated the land was the property Wateringbury Pear Orchards.  It was agreed to write to them and point this out.  There was no up date on the request for some form of parking restriction in Fields Lane.

It was agreed to ask KCC for an update on the crossroad alterations and to request a meeting which would include some recommendations from the Parish Council.

Next meeting 26th February

Allotments – nothing to report

Cemetery –  nothing to report

Joint Flood Group – Cllr Fielding stated a report from the Environment Agency had been circulated

18/116       FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Agreement of the Financial Statement was proposed by Cllr Marks and seconded by Cllr Stones   All cheques were signed

18/117       PUBLIC DISCUSSION

Mike Witts asked if the trees along the railway line at the playing fields could have their canopies lifted to prevent any injuries to cricketers

Parked cars in Fields Lane up to junction with Tonbridge Road was raised and it was stated because they were on both side of the road at one point an ambulance was unable to get through.

Mrs Sarah Hudson said she had contacted Tim Middleton of KCC on the 14th January for an update on the crossroad alterations. It had been confirmed that KCC were still talking about the alterations

Mrs Hudson referred to the previous meeting in which Cllr Marks quoted clauses from the village hall lease and the supplemental agreement. Mrs Hudson, on behalf of the Village Hall, said that Cllr Marks was wrong in his advice to the Parish Council on the basis that the PC owned the land only and not the building on it. Cllr Marks stood by his previous statement.

It was suggested the Parish Council advertised in Rostrum for tenders when various works were required

 

There being no further business the Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting at 8.47pm