01622 817068 (Phone)
Documents

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting 3rd September 2019

Minutes Uploaded on October 2, 2019

WATERINGBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 3rd September 2019

7.30pm Wateringbury Village Hall

 

Present

Cllr M Wells (Chairman)                                                          

Cllr R Tripp  

Cllr D Marks

Cllr M Burrows

                                                                                                                      

In attendance:

Mrs S Cockburn – Clerk to the Council

Cllr M Balfour – Kent County Councillor

Cllr S Hudson – Borough Councillor

Mrs Trudy Bailey – Rostrum Correspondent

6 members of the public

 

The Chairman opened the meeting by reminding everyone in attendance the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed or otherwise reported and asked if any person present intends to make a video or audio recording of the proceedings.  None

 

19/040       APOLOGIES FOR ABSCENCE

Apologies received from Cllr F Fielding, Cllr L Simons & PCSO Wendy Stanley

19/041       DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST/DISPENSATIONS

 None

19/042       ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman reminded the meeting of a Highways Committee Meeting Tuesday 24th September at 7pm.

The Chairman read out an email from PCSO Wendy Stanley on an Organised Crime Group purporting to be Police Officers and targeting vulnerable people in relation to rogue traders and the victim owing VAT to the courts.

19/043        REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Balfour said the A26 footpath had been cleared of vegetation and he would discuss with Cllr Hudson the responsibilities of their respective councils for clearing and removing rubbish.  Cllr Burrows asked why the parish could not have a speed camera. It was stated the parish could not have a speed camera because no ‘black spot’ had been identified

Discussions followed on the Speed Indicator Device which due to the short life of the batteries Council decided not to go with. It was agreed to discuss this again at the Highways Meeting on the 24th The Chairman thanked Cllr Balfour who left the meeting at 7.40pm

19/044       REPORT FROM BOROUGH COUNCILLOR

Cllr Hudson’s report attached.  The Chairman referred to the crossroad

alterations stating Council would wait for any update from KCC. There

would be a public consultation

 19/045       CRIME REPORT

 No report received.

19/046       MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING THE 2nd JULY 2019

The Minutes having been read were approved by Cllr Tripp and seconded by Cllr Wells and signed as a correct record.

19/047       MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF 2nd JULY 2019

Matters arising attached.

19/048       NEW PAVILION PROPOSALS

The Chairman referred to a meeting held on the 31st July with Mark Golding and Mike Witts to discuss proposed plans for a new pavilion at the playing fields.  This would be single storey and the existing pavilion would remain in place. Plans were still in the development stage, and support for the plan was needed from the Parish Council before proceeding. Amongst those consulted had been the scouts, the school and the church. Some issues were raised about a new pavilion being in competition with the village hall. Cllr Hudson said it would not.  Cllr Tripp said there was no business plan. It was confirmed the new building would not be seen from Tonbridge Road   Following discussions all Councillors voted in favour of supporting the proposals in principle.

19/049       REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND OTHER BODIES

Finance & General PurposesNo meeting.  Items raised:

Zurich Insurance Policy all Councillors had seen a copy. Nothing was raised.

Facebook – Cllr Burrows had offered to set up a Facebook page for the Council.  The Chairman referred to other Parish Council’s Facebook pages which are noticeboards only ie. road closures, police, fire and rescue and Borough/County Council notices or items of general interest. No notices of a political or religious nature or charities appealing for fundraising. Nothing posted that would invite a reaction from members of the public.

Comments would be removed if they were controversial or abusive.  No material that is considered illegal, inflammatory or offensive.  Any issues raised should be emailed direct to the Clerk

Request from Scope – possible siting of textile banks. It was stated the Borough Council’s new waste service included doorstep collections of textiles   After discussion I was agreed the request for more banks was not feasible.

Plastic Waste bin – Cllr Burrows had suggested an additional plastic waste bin could be sited in the playing fields. It was agreed Cllr Burrows ask the Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association for their views.

Planning – Meeting to follow.

Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association – nothing to report

Village Hall – nothing to report

Tonbridge & Malling Area Committee of KALC_– Next meeting 19th September

Parish Partnership Panel – Next meeting 5th September

Joint Parish Council Transport Consultative Group – Next meeting 23rd october

Kent Community Rail Partnership – Next meeting October

Highways & Transportation The next meeting 24th September 7pm

Speedwatch  – report for July & August attached

Allotments – An inspection to be arranged for September

Cemetery – Contractor had been asked to cut back hedge in the car park

Joint Flood Group – Nothing to report

Village Warden – report for August & September attached. 

19/050       FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Agreement of the Financial Statement was proposed by Cllr Tripp and seconded by Cllr Burrows.  All cheques were signed

19/051       PUBLIC DISCUSSION

It was reported children were climbing on the cabins in the playing fields and signs were needed to warn them of the dangers.  It was suggested a talk to the school on the danger of drugs could be arranged. It was stated there were newly planted trees along Tonbridge Road.  Speeding vehicles were reported using the track to the playing fields on cricket match days.

Cllr Marks expressed concern on the removal of asbestos from land adjoining his property as workers were not protected, and he questioned whether it had been properly disposed of. Cllr Hudson confirmed the car workshop in Bow Road had secured a year’s extension to the lease.

                  

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at approximately 9.30pm